Engineering Design Liability / Excess Costs Of Construction – Led the defense of a $10,000,000.00 design liability claim against an international engineering concern in Federal Court in Illinois. Succeeded in defeating the claim in its entirety and recovering a quarter of a million dollars in unpaid engineering fees on behalf of his client.
Engineering Design Liability – Led the defense of a $12,000,000.00 design liability claim against an international design engineering firm arising from an explosion in a chemical plant, in Federal Court in South Carolina. Succeeded in settling the claims in return for a minimal pay out on the first day of trial.
Contractors – Have successfully represented General Contractors and Specialty Subcontractors in disputes with Project Owners recovering millions of dollars on behalf of our clients throughout the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Traumatic Injury And Wrongful Death
Approximately $2,000,000.00: Wrongful Death, Auto Accident/Products Liability – recovered almost double the average jury verdict range for wrongful death actions in the subject venue.
Approximately $750,000.00: Wrongful Death, Drowning/Premises Liability – recovered premium value in a difficult and aggressively defended case in a very conservative venue.
Approximately $450,000.00: Herniated Disk, Auto Accident – recovered possibly triple jury verdict value of claim in very conservative venue.
Approximately $350,000.00: Internal Injuries, Auto Accident – recovered one hundred percent of available coverage within approximately 90 days of loss.
Approximately $180,000.00: Herniated Disk, Auto Accident – recovered premium value for claim without having to file suit.
Approximately $150,000.00: Pedestrian/Auto Accident – recovered premium value for very difficult claim in very conservative venue without having to file suit.
- Representation of developers piping of stream and addressing issues of floodplain management, fisheries, buffer encroachment and wetlands to facilitate economical mall construction.
- Developed successful strategy for obtaining wetlands permit for the construction of resort and golf course in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
- Implemented a successful strategy for increased ozone emissions for growing industrial facility in Atlanta non-attainment area, including consideration of emission trading strategy for avoiding installation of expensive emission control technology.
- Successfully challenged EPA’s ambient air quality standards for particulate matter in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, and assisted in developing compliance strategies for the new ozone and particulate matter National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Represented major manufacturer of pesticides in state action for illegal disposal of waste.
- Assisted major chemical company in development of OSHA protocols.
- Developed environmental compliance program for major textile company.
- Developed occupational health and safety program for major chemical manufacturing corporate conglomerate.
- Assisted in obtaining 24 pesticide registrations for major pool products manufacturer.
- Developed and successfully implemented strategy for obtaining wetlands permit for major aggregate quarry in South Carolina.
- Drafted corporate procedures and practices necessary for compliance with air regulations for power company.
- Successfully defended developer in action by EPD for alleged violation of state buffer zone requirements.
- Provided guidance to rubber product manufacturer on the reporting and recordkeeping requirements necessary to maintain air, toxic and hazardous waste regulatory compliance.
- Assisted industrial laundry client in developing strategy to comply with revised effluent limitations.
- Represented textile company in the negotiation of settlement of CERCLA liability.
- Negotiated risk-based closure plan for defense contractor.
- Assisted developer in acquiring contaminated property under state brownfields program.
- Defended municipal clients in Georgia for alleged violation of wastewater discharge permits.
- Assisted developer in development of habitat conservation plans and acquiring permits under the Endangered Species Act.
- Defended developer in litigation brought by Sierra Club in Alabama federal court under the Endangered Species Act.
- Represented oil refinery in defending alleged air violations.
- Managed environmental aspects of several “brownfield” redevelopment projects including one of the first brownfields in Georgia.
- Assisted numerous industries in obtaining state and local construction and operating permits, including Title V operating permits and Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permits.